Trusted. Respected. Knowledgeable.
- Medical License Defense
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law
- Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Health & Health Care Law
- Professional Malpractice Law
- Personal / Bodily Injury
- Medical & Nursing Malpractice
- Workers Compensation
- Medical & Legal Professional Disciplinary & Licensure Defense
- General Civil & Commercial Litigation
- Administrative / Regulatory Litigation
- Real Estate
- Landlord – Tenant
- Criminal Defense
- Railroad Law & FELA Actions
- Appeals (Criminal & Civil)
After graduating from California Western Law School, Sean served as a Deputy District Attorney in the DA's Office for Colorado's 10th Judicial District. During his ten years as a Deputy District Attorney, he tried over 150 jury trials and prosecuted a wide variety of criminal offenses. He specialized in prosecuting major crimes, including complex gang and domestic violence-related homicides. He also developed one of Colorado's first dedicated welfare fraud prosecution programs. As a result, the Colorado Welfare Fraud Council honored him - in 1996 - with their Prosecutor of the Year Award.
In 2001, Sean became an Assistant Attorney General with the Colorado State Attorney General's Office. As counsel for the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners, he prosecuted complex medical professional disciplinary matters before Colorado's Office of Administrative Courts. He was also instrumental in administrative rule-making and policy implementation procedures for the Board of Medical Examiners.
In 2003, Sean entered private practice by joining the law firm of Cooper & Clough, P.C., where he specialized in defending physicians and lawyers in medical and legal malpractice actions. On a number of occasions, he tried - with great success - medical malpractice cases, including several complex multi-million dollar birth-injury and wrongful-death cases. He also defended - again, with great success - doctors and lawyers in medical and legal professional disciplinary and licensure matters before both the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners and the Colorado Supreme Court's Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel.
In 2006, Sean moved to the law firm of Dickinson, Prud'Homme, Adams & Ingram, LLP, where he specialized in defending medical, nursing, and hospital malpractice actions. His clients included Longmont United Hospital and all seven of the HCA-Health-One Medical and Surgical Centers in the Denver Metro Are, including Rose Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center and Sky Ridge Medical Center. He continued his success - both inside and outside of the courtroom - by defending a number of high-profile, multi-million dollar medical and nursing negligence cases. He also defended, successfully, medical and nursing professionals in disciplinary and licensure matters before the Colorado State Board of Medical Examiners and the Colorado State Board of Nursing.
Sean has extensive trial experience and a proven record of success both inside and outside of the courtroom. By combining a strategic and effective approach to litigation with personalized and detailed attention, he not only provides his clients with practical solutions to their immediate legal issues, but he also helps them prevent future challenges and litigation.
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1991
- University of Southern Colorado
- B.S. - 1987
- Colorado, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2006
- Prosecutor of the Year Award, Colorado Welfare Fraud Council
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty, National District Attorneys' Association National Advocacy Center, University of South Carolina, 1999 to 2001
- Faculty, Colorado District Attorneys' Council Trial Techniques School, 1993 to 2001
- Senior Partner, University of Denver Sturm College of Law's Lawyering Process Program, 2003 to Present
- Longmont United Hospital
- Rose Medical Center
- Presbyterian/St. Lukes Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
- Sky Ridge Medical Center
- DA's Office for Colorado’s 10th Judicial District, Deputy District Attorney
- Cooper & Clough, P.C., 2003 to 2016
- Dickinson, Prud'Homme, Adams & Ingram, LLP, 2006 to 2016
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position